Tivoli Money Exchange (the Company) recognizes its responsibilities under the Republic Act No. 10173 also known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, with respect to the data it collects, records, organizes, updates, uses, consolidates or
destructs from its customers as part of the Company’s Know-Your-Customer Policy in compliance with the provisions of the Manual of Regulations for Non-Bank Financial Institutions issued by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP). Please read these provisions
as this Statement outlines the general practices of the Company in relation to our processes and content which are made available through our website and posted in our physical stores. This Statement also covers the privacy practices for our customers
who apply for and obtain products and services from us.
I. YOUR RIGHTS
The customer (data subject) is entitled to:
- Be informed whether personal information pertaining to him or her shall be, are being or have been processed;
- Be furnished the information indicated here under before the entry of his or her personal information into the processing system of the personal information controller, or at the next practical opportunity:
- Description of the personal information to be entered into the system;
- Purposes for which they are being or are to be processed;
- Scope and method of the personal information processing;
- The recipients or classes of recipients to whom they are or may be disclosed;
- The identity and contact details of the personal information controller or its representative;
Data Privcy Officer
Tivoli Money Exchange
M1, Trinoma, EDSA corner North Avenue, Quezon city
- The period for which the information will be stored; and
- The existence of their rights, i.e., to access, correction, as well as the right to lodge a complaint before the Commission.
II. DESCRIPTION OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO BE ENTERED INTO OUR SYSTEM
When you apply for or avail of any product or service the Company offers or when you interact with our employees, authorised representatives, agents and service providers, we collect your personal information. This may include, among others:
- your name and personal particulars such as contact details, address, birthdate, education;
- specimen signatures;
- government ID details;
- financial information (such as income, expenses, balances, investments, tax, insurance, financial and transaction history, etc);
- employment details;
- business interests and assets;
- images via CCTV and other similar recording devices and processes which may be observed when visiting our offices and/or using our other facilities;
- voice recordings of our conversations with you.
III. PURPOSES FOR WHICH THEY ARE BEING OR ARE TO BE PROCESSED
- comply with applicable laws on the prevention of money laundering including the provisions of Republic Act No. 9160 (Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001, asamended (AMLA) and the implementation of know your customer and sanction screening checks
- approve, facilitate, administer and process applications and transactions;
- respond to queries, requests and complaints and improve how we interact with you;
- conduct studies and researches for the purpose of reviewing, developing and improving our products and services;
- perform profile analysis, behavioral modeling and analytics to understand needs, preferences and market trends to be able to improve and recommend suitable products and services;
- reach out to you regarding products and services information, including offers, promotions, discounts, rewards; and for personalizing your experience with our various touchpoints such as branches, call center, telemarketing, email, messaging and other
- determine the effectiveness of our marketing efforts and initiatives;
- perform certain protective safeguards against improper use or abuse of our products and services including fraud prevention; and
- perform other such activities permitted by law or with your consent.
IV. SCOPE AND METHOD OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION PROCESSING
Your personal data will be obtained when you fill out our application to purchase document which is then transmitted to our customer and transaction database for record-keeping purposes. We may also ask for further supporting documents from you depending on your risk rating in our Company’s KYC policies. Appropriately, we strive to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information by employing physical, technological and procedural safeguards. We train our employees to properly handle your information.
V. THE RECIPIENTS OR CLASSES OF RECIPIENTS TO WHOM THEY ARE OR MAY BE DISCLOSED
We may also engage third parties to help us operate our business. These include support in:
- complying with legal requirements such as court orders and BSP audits;
- addressing fraud, security or technical issues, to respond to an emergency or otherwise to protect the rights, property or security of our customers or third parties; and
- to carry out all other purposes set out above.
We wish to assure you that we do not, and will not, sell personal data to any third parties. All our engagements with third parties shall be fully compliant with our obligation of confidentiality imposed on us under the applicable agreements and/or terms and conditions or any applicable laws that govern our relationship with you.
IV. THE PERIOD FOR WHICH THE INFORMATION WILL BE STORED
Your personal information shall be retained for as long as the purpose for which it was collected, and such other purposes that you may have consented to from time to
time, remains in effect and until such time as it is no longer required nor necessary to keep your information for any other legal, regulatory or business purposes.